What are the benefits?
‘I find the Alexander Technique very helpful in my work. Things happen without you trying. They get to be light and relaxed. You must get an Alexander teacher to show it to you.’
John Cleese, comedian and actor
The Alexander Technique helps you regain control of your body. You become aware of how to move with greater freedom by discovering a new balance of mind and body. As an active participant in your Alexander Technique sessions you will discover through one-to-one gentle manual guidance, verbal instruction and discussion how your body and mind work together in a natural and powerful way.
Many thanks for the session yesterday; I didn’t expect to feel so different on my first lesson. I feel very positive and enthusiastic about learning more, and I already feel so much more aware of the good practices I should be learning and the bad habits I should leave behind. I know I’ve only just made a start but this morning is the best my neck has felt for a long time – it is always at its worst for the first few hours of the day, I guess because of the way I sleep. I’ve altered the mirrors in my car and the screen on my PC already, because whatever it was I was doing really wasn’t right!”
Publishing and Copyright Advisor
The Alexander Technique is a unique and practical approach that addresses the fundamental cause of pain, stress and tension.
- muscle tension and stiffness
- back, neck and joint pain
- poor posture
- breathing and vocal problems
- anxiety and stress-related conditions
“The proof for all to see is so apparent. My hairdresser noticed the length of my neck and husband noticed the “fat has gone from the base of my neck”. But most of all, I want to thank you and the Alexander Technique for taking all my aches and pains away, for making me aware of my posture and appreciating how my dear old bones and muscles actually work and highlighting my misuse all these years. It’s your natural calm way of being with your client that makes it such an experience.”
What is the Alexander Technique
- it is a unique gentle hands-on guidance that gives mobility, ease and balance
- it lengthens the spine, releases muscles and increases flexibility
- it Improves breathing
- it activates support and stability
- the effects are freedom of movement without strain
People use the technique to:
- improve performance and prevent injury in music, drama and sport
- enhance business and presentation skills
- develop ease and elegance in movement
- support pregnancy and childbirth